…..Sod all that digital Internet malarkey! Little know fact discovered today- you can have accounts at both William Hill and Corals Internet and telephone betting operations (which seems very very strange but is 100% ok). A quick look at the Sun and the Racing Post showed that Hills were offering a free £60 bet if you placed £30 with Corals positively stingy in comparison with a £20/£40 offer . These must have taken me about 20 mins to do in total and apart from returning me a nice £85 profit (their horse racing prices are very “generous” (ahem!), its always useful to have a couple of decent telephone accounts in case of emergencies.
Also did a nice little sign up offer from Allyoubet that was offering me £50 if I had a £100 bet- Rude not to and although there were no horses racing and the football odds were a touch on the slim side I managed to get myself a nice £40 profit.
Ok- I can’t post without having my say on the whole Sky sexism row (apologies to non uk residents as this will mean nothing!).
1) Keys and Gray were idiots to suggest that the female lineswoman would not understand the offside rule, she probably understood it better than all of the pundits combined. Most women do not understand it.Most men don’t understand it . She does.
2) Andy Grays was constantly moaning about referees decisions and could often be found to be contradicting himself- you would often hear him moaning about inconsistency one minute and then moaning when they observed the letter of the law when they implemented an instruction and he prattled on about “using common sense”.
3) Richard Keys- A bit embarrassing? He’s 53 and is talking to Jamie Redknapp in one of the videos about “hanging out the back of her” and “smashing into it”. Barely acceptable from 20 year old chavs but a sad attempt to look cool.
3) Hidden agendas at Sky ? Its amazing how so many damming videos suddenly came very quickly into the public domain-word is that they weren’t the most popular people at Sky.
4) Double standards at Sky? If you want sexism watch the soccerettes on Soccer AM.
A media feeding frenzy that’s for sure.